Release Notes for RapidDox 2.0
Release Date: 25th March 2017
Note: All existing RapidDox users with older versions are upgraded automatically to the latest version.
Customization UI screen:
Header & Footer:
- Defaults can be set in Settings tab for all future documentation.
- Additional functionality was added in Customize screen of the UI to override the default Header & Footer info, while you are customizing the documentation. So, you can exclude or include and edit the Header & Footer while customizing and without going to Settings tab.
Importing High Quality images from a PDF:
- Now you will be able to import not only dashboard images but worksheets & story boards as well.
- If a High Quality image from PDF is not selected within RapidDox UI, thumbnail generated (if any) by Tableau will be published in the output automatically.
- Storyboard Images — Images of Individual tabs within a story board can now be selected within RapidDox UI when imported from PDF file.
- Treemap for individual Dashboards can be excluded via check box within Customization screen.
- Background Information can be excluded via check box within Customization screen.
- An URL to video tutorials is added within Customization screen.
Additional information for each Tableau worksheet:
- Filters used in each Tableau worksheet.
- Marks on each Tableau worksheet.
- Data Source(s) used in Tableau worksheet. Where a worksheet has blends, multiple data sources information is documented.
- Fields used in Columns / Rows shelves are documented. Where there is a Measure Name, individual fields selected within Measure name are documented.
- Headers are repeated when the information is broken into multiple pages.
- Additional info for Unused Section
- Unused Parameters
- Unused calculations
- Unused Hierarchies
- Unused Sets
- Unused Groups
- MS Word output formatting is now enhanced.
- Unwanted blank pages handled in the dashboard section and before & after the worksheet treemap diagrams
- Removed unnecessary white spaces between sections
- Maintained consistency of colors for text
- Column width were modified to fit contents
- Storyboard title centered to the page vertically in PDF export
- Tableau Backend Parameter name is replaced with the alias or user defined name.
[Sales]*(1-[Parameters].[Parameter 2])*(1+[Parameters].[Parameter 1])
Now RapidDox output looks like this:
[Sales]*(1-[Parameters].[Churn Rate])*(1+[Parameters].[New Business Growth]).
- Header & Footer check boxes functionality issue is now fixed in Customization Screen.
- Replaced Calculated field tableau backend name with its alias / caption where applicable.
Example: [Calculation_0431120232929099] replaced with “GDP per Capita”